Here are some tips for properly maintaining and cleaning your natural rubber yoga mat:
Store your mat in a dry place out of direct sunlight, which can discolor and dry out the rubber.
Clean your carpet regularly by brushing it with a soft brush and a suitable spray then wiping away the moisture with a cloth. Use a mild soap or diluted white vinegar solution if your carpet is very dirty or you need to disinfect. You can add a few drops of essential oils if you prepare your solution yourself.
Always allow your mat to air dry thoroughly before rolling it up and storing it. Avoid putting it in a place that may be damp or moldy, such as a bathroom or basement.
Use a natural rubber yoga mat on a flat, stable surface to prevent the mat from slipping or warping.
If your carpet is badly damaged or starting to lose its color or elasticity, it may be time to replace it.
By following these tips, you should be able to enjoy your natural rubber yoga mat for many years. Remember that your mat is a valuable tool for your yoga practice and deserves to be well maintained and respected.
Here's a simple recipe for making your own natural rubber yoga mat cleaning spray:
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 10 to 15 drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil (optional)
- In a spray bottle, add 1 cup of distilled water.
- Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar to the bottle.
- Add 10 to 15 drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil to give a pleasant scent and for their antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Close the bottle and shake well.
- Spray the yoga mat with the spray and use a clean cloth to wipe the mat.
This natural rubber carpet cleaning spray is easy to make and is eco-friendly, economical and free of chemicals that are harmful to you and the environment. It can be used regularly to keep your yoga mat clean and fresh.